Why become a member of Buffalo Niagara Events Professionals (BNEP)?The purpose of our group is to support the special events profession, and to act as a forum and educational tool to share ideas, trends, knowledge and experiences with regard to special events and promotions.
Our group objectives are:
- To establish a network and forum for the exchange of events and ideas.
- To be an internal support group for those in the events profession.
- To produce an annual awards event honoring those in the events profession, as well as networking and educational functions when applicable.
- To provide event-related educational resources.
- To create an awareness of BNEP as a professional organization that is recognized for its expertise in the planning and execution of special events and promotions.
How do I become a member of BNEP?
BNEP applicants are voted on twice a year: during the June and December members-only meetings by a majority group vote.
BNEP applicants are required to meet the following criteria to be considered for membership:
- Be engaged in, on a paid basis for at least 50% of his/her workload, a position encompassing the creation, implementation, and/or production of special events and/or promotions within the eight counties of Western New York and Southern Ontario, Canada.
- Provide a completed membership application (download here).
- Provide a resume with a current job description.
- Attend at least one BNEP meeting or BNEP sponsored event (see meeting info below).
- Be "sponsored" by a current and active voting BNEP member.
BNEP meetings are held on the fourth Wednesday of every month with the exception of July and August. In July there is no meeting and in August we schedule a BNEP summer social. Meetings are open to the public with the exception of June and December, which are members-only due to the conduct of business.
For questions regarding membership, please contact Megan Savage, Membership Chair at [email protected].
Click Here to download membership application.